Imperial Management Administrators Services
This position processes authorizations and ensures that all information is correct before submitting for approval. All authorizations should be entered within a timely manner with complete data, as well as, all the documents that will support medical necessity. The UM Coordinator will need to have strong written/communication skills in order to provide Medical Director, providers, and members necessary information to ensure the delivery of high-quality effective healthcare.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited:
• Open and process UM incoming faxes periodically throughout the business day
• Answer phones: Providing customer service to calls from providers and/or members
• Print approvals and modification letters from the database on a daily basis
• Scan any faxes to existing authorizations in the system
• Route medical reviewer’s cases to appropriate personnel in timely manner on a daily basis
• Verify duplicate requests and call/notify doctor’s office of referral request cancellations
• Contact and follow up with providers on pending clinical/documents within the turnaround time. (Routine 5 days, Urgent 72 hours)
• Verify and update all missing information (DOS, POS, outpatient or inpatient) before submitting for approval
• Must have experience in making outgoing phone calls as well as taking incoming phone inquiries
**Perform additional UM functions as required by the department
• Demonstrate proficiency in 10 key and computer use.
• Excellent communication
• Detail oriented
• Work effectively in a fast pace work environment
• Strong organizational and task prioritization
• Establish the ability to multitask and adjust to the workload
• Strong work ethic
• Provide positive attitude
High School Diploma
1 year of experience REQUIRED
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.